CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Thanks

I just wanted to thank all of you for your love and support. At a time when I feel so abandoned and alone it was really uplifting to read all of your comments. I read them often. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family in my life. Everyone always takes such good care of me. I don't know why I am always the one that has to be taken care of but if there is anything I've learned through all of my trials it is that I need to lean on the shoulders of my loved ones. Heavenly Father blesses us through the support of others. We are not meant to have to carry the weight on our own.

When this bombshell was first dropped on me in the beginning of July, my mom had just left to New Mexico for two weeks. When I called her (ironically it happened to be her birthday) she asked me if she could tell my siblings. I told her that she could and I can't believe how quickly they were there to take care of me. They knew that they had to fill in for my mom, which were big shoes to fill. My sister-in-law Wendy came over with flowers, cleaned my house and checked in on me constantly. My sister Anne came over the next day with tons of food. She said she didn't know how to fix my problems so she would just throw food at them. :) She wasn't kidding either. She had made several meals and just brought me a lot of snacks. Every few hours she would remind me that it was time to eat again. It was a good thing too because I was obviously having difficulty eating and I needed to make sure that I ate so I could nurse Liam. Anne and I are very similar. She told me that she couldn't come over the day she found out because she couldn't stop crying. (Neither could I) Anne (and her husband Adam) have continued to find any way to help me out. Even if it just means finding a way to help me feel better. This summer was supposed to be the best. We were supposed to celebrate and enjoy our family and this miracle baby that we had waited so long and tried so hard for. It obviously didn't play out that way. Anne was always willing to drop anything to do something to help me feel better. Whether it was being "giggly teenage fans" at "Dancing Under the Stars" or just planning a family night out at "Liberty Land" for the night of my anniversary. She has always taken good care of me as my big sister and she is well on her way to becoming just like our mom. (Which is a good thing.) So here is a shout out to my awesome family, I don't think I could ask for a better one, and especially to my big sister Anne. Thanks. (Note that I was sure to remind everyone that you are the older sister :)

As I looked for a picture of Anne and I together, I came across this one of us at my baby shower. I never blogged about my shower because I had non-stress tests every day after that and I delivered Liam less than a week later. Anne, my other sister Diana and my mom planned this very special shower to celebrate my "miracle baby." Although I was having another boy they thought it was fitting, after all I had been through to get him, that we celebrate. And we did. It was a lot of fun. thanks again.


4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your family is so awesome! I am so glad they are so close. I love the baby shower pictures. You look so good:)

Erika said...

I'm so glad that you have such a great family and strong support system! I hope I can be that kind of sister if I ever need to be! Cute shower pictures, those are so fun. :)

let's get ROWDY. said...

Lyndi,
I so admire your quiet determination and sense of humor you've shown in the face of all of you've been going through. Thank you for sharing some of your darkest times. I know it wasn't easy. Wes reminded me yesterday that Aiden thinks I am 14...so yeah, Aiden! Such a cute and funny boy! And so honest.
We need to set up a pic time for Jessie. She's thinking pretty dress with old barn/antiquey (word?) background. Do you think that would work?

We love you. What an awesome family you have.
~your 14 yr old Aunt Mary
ps that is Jessie's blog account and not what you might think!

Anne-a-Belle said...

Wow! Thank you for all of the nice things you said about me. In my opinion, it's easier to help, than to be the one that needs help. Truth is, I admire how well you've weathered so many trials. I can't imagine the emotions you go through, everyday. But you've held your head high and you're determined that this isn't going to overcome you. I guess sometimes we have to go through trials to realize how strong we really are. And you are very strong. I love you and I pray for you and your little family, everyday.

P.S. Thanks for not telling everyone about how I used to torture you with the "bean spoon". :) Really, I just am trying to make up for the rotten sister that I was as a kid!!!!