CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!



Happy Halloween everyone! The festivities are over but I haven't finished blogging about all of them yet. :) First of all can I just say that the weather has been awesome. It is usually so cold for Halloween and to have temperatures in the seventies has been lovely. I'll warn you. This post is REALLY long and has LOTS of pictures. I just wanted to get everything Halloween in. Who wants to blog about Halloween in November? :)
(No, the dogs aren't mine. They are Emily and Josh's but I just thought they looked so cute in their costumes.)



Carving Pumpkins
We went to the pumpkin patch and I let Aiden pick out his own pumpkin. He, of course, picked a really big one. We carved them the other night and they turned out pretty cute. Aiden started out wanting his to be this pirate pattern we had, but after we figured out that it was too difficult he changed his to be the beginnings of a pirate with some added art of a Sharpie.


He wanted to see if this pumpkin was bigger than he was.


Extra concentration requires the tongue. :)




Can you see the pirate?




Making Cookies
Recently I've really enjoyed decorating sugar cookies for each of the holidays. I'll be honest, in the past I've just bought the kit made by the bakery at our local grocery store. This year I couldn't find it, so I decided to make them myself. They turned out really good too. I don't even like icing and I couldn't get enough of it. Aiden was a big helper too. It was fun.







Halloween Party

I had a good time just hanging out with old friends. There were some great costumes too.


Aiden and Jo being pirates. (That's really what they were going for)


Scott and Erika, I love this shirt.


Ang, Jo and princess Ali


Hayley as a Super Big Gulp. Great costume.


When Aiden saw my costume he told me I looked like a scary clown.


Kellie's awesome Rainbow Brite.


Angela the witch with Ali the angry pumpkin. (Still cute even when she's mad :)


Cutest Indian Jones ever!




City Halloween Party
I took Aiden and his cousin Meg to our city's Halloween party. They had a great time playing all of the games and winning prizes. Aiden's favorite prize was the vampire teeth.



Trick-Or-Treating

While Grandma and Grandpa held down the fort, we took the kids out to trick-or-treat.


Aiden LOVES his cousins, so we went around in their neighborhood.(Plus their neighborhood hands out good stuff :)



Wow, I think that might be my longest post ever. Now I'm caught up with all things Halloween. I should have put something really important at the end to see if anyone actually made it to this point. :)

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a Halloween:) I am glad you had a good one:)

Unknown said...

i love your costume. the shirt tied up totally takes me back to Taft Elementary. those were the days...

Angela said...

It has been a very fun and busy Halloween (especially when you throw in 3 photo shoots too:) We had a lot of fun carving with you guys and at the party!

Anne-a-Belle said...

wow! you're like the funnest mom EVER!!! Cookies, parties, pumpkin patches, AND trick-or-treating?!?! Cute pictures. And your eighties costume was dead on! Nice purple eye shadow. :)

Annaca said...

Looks like a good time! I LOVE the pic of Liam eating the pumpkin (pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin....), that is so skinkin' cute!! I also love your "scary clown" costume, it's very reminiscent of something... can't...put...my...finger...on...it????

leslie jo said...

I made it to the end. One year we will have to join in on the pumpkin carving. Jo didn't want to cut her pumpkin, so she and Jim took turns coloring it!
The party was fun! I say earlier next year to get more games in! The photos are cute and you are a good mom!

pinksuedeshoe said...

I love Liam in the pumpkin! Those are so cute. Will you email me a pic of me in my shirt. I am a slacker and you are the only one on the ball enough to think to take one :o)