CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Super Mega Post

My brother and his family were in town this week which meant we had a week full of fun activities. It was great to see them all, I love spending time with them and their kids. It was a really nice escape from reality, and of course I got pictures of all the great stuff we did.

Thanksgiving Point
On Tuesday we went to Thanksgiving Point for two dollar Tuesday. We did the gardens in the morning then came back in the afternoon for the Dinosaur Museum. It was crazy busy, especially the Dinosaur Museum, but it's hard to spend $10 to go in when I've spent countless hours wandering the halls of the exhibit. Don't get me wrong, I love that place, I just think that all past employees should still get in for free. I've just spent way too much time in there to be paying to see it again. :) Aiden really enjoyed it though. He thought it was especially cool when I told him I used to work there.


Aiden especially loved the erosion table. What kid doesn't?


Tubing the Provo River
On Thursday my sister Anne planned for everyone to float the Provo on tubes. She had done it before with the young women in her ward and thought that Ian and Mandy's family would enjoy it. Boy was she wrong! They started just after the dam so the water was pretty swift and about one minute into it Mandy had already flipped her tube completely over. The water was really cold and the tubes were tiny. Even I expected that the tubes would be a little bigger. Ian and Wes were too big to use just one of them so they tied several together to make a raft large enough for them to ride. I was impressed that they even managed to make that work. After being beaten by the "Bridge of Doom" Mandy proclaimed that this was the worst experience of her life and she would never do this again. I started further down the river (after the bridges) and I really enjoyed the ride. (Please note that Aiden did not actually float the river)

Tom and his stick.

Mandy, after the "Bridge of Doom."

Wes, testing out his creation.

Bowl-A-Rama...Again!
On Saturday morning, just before they left to drive home, we all went out bowling. (It's funny how I hadn't been bowling in forever and now suddenly I've been twice in the last two weeks.) We had lots of fun and Aiden thought it was really cool. He bowled a 98 (with bumpers) and I bowled a 103. Aiden must take after his mom when it comes to his bowling skills. :)


We even got Grandpa to bowl.

Look at me go. (Yes I know, I have really skinny legs.)

Aiden in his little bowling shoes was just too cute.

We also went to a few movies and swimming at the pool. I had a lot of fun just getting to hang out with all of them. I also did senior pictures of my niece Chelsey. I'll post those on my Photography Blog soon.

4 comments:

Anne-a-Belle said...

Next time, we'll make sure we have bigger tubes! Just because I have big-butt brothers....sheesh! :)

Bonnie said...

Wow, you have been busy:) I am glad you have had a fun week and were able to get away a little.

Angela said...

Sounds like fun, thanks for letting me hang out with the fam a little:)

leslie jo said...

IF you need tubes that are meant for the river, call me.
Glad you had a good time. Love the bowling pics!