CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Redneck Weekend.

On Saturday night I ventured into a realm of redneck I had never known. I thought that the most redneck thing that I had done was the rodeo, and it probably was until Saturday night when I attended the Demolition Derby. It was pretty entertaining but at the same time pretty disturbing that all these people have gathered to watch cars crash into each other. I admit I was drawn in. It was pretty impressive that some of the cars were able to keep driving with a tire barely hanging on. At one point, in the powder puff round, a girl ran into another car with such a force that it rolled the other car over and her car was stuck on top of it. They rushed to get her out and turns out she was fine, but when the ambulance blocked our view of what was going on and the guy in front of us was upset I was like, "Really?" There's a girl stuck upside down in her car and you're concerned that you can't see. I had a pretty good time still. We were there to see my brother-in-law Josh drive his car. Here's some video of his first round. His car wouldn't reverse so he doesn't get to do much in it. It does give you the feel for the Derby though, it's cars running into each other.


We each got a giant snow cone that cost way more than a snow cone should.

Josh's awesome car.

The rollover.


I also posted some pictures of my niece on my photography blog. Check it out.

5 comments:

leslie jo said...

I love demo derbys. They are soo fun, I think, except the mom in me is always on my toes when someone gets hurt or a car starts on fire. Pretty redneck but still entertaining at the same time, which ones were you at?

Lyndi said...

Yeah that's how I felt. Pretty redneck but still entertaining at the same time. We were at the Utah County Fair.

Bonnie said...

That sounds like a really fun and perfect thing to do with a little boy. Man that snow cone is huge:) Good to hear you had a good time.

Anne-a-Belle said...

You keep this up and before ya know it, you and yer famly is gonna be livin' in a trailer park an bein' to the Walmart in Tooele.

Mary said...

Smashing metal, engines on fire and the possibility of injury...pure entertainment value. We will all know you have crossed the redneck line when next year your post of the derby showcases Aiden and his mullet. (p.s.Ditto to Anne's comment.)