CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Lego Saturday Night

Aiden and I were in need of something to do tonight, so we headed over to Wal-Mart. (A place I usually avoid like the plague on a Saturday night.) Aiden had been begging me all day to go and "look" at the Lego sets there, so by about 6pm I gave in. He was starting to drive me crazy, we needed to get out. Aiden thought he was really sneaky when he said he wanted to bring his backpack along. Let's just say that it looked very heavy. Once we get to Wal-Mart he reveals that he's brought his money (a jar of coins with a few dollars) with him. Shocker. He carefully picks out the set he wants. He had to "Eeny, Meany, Miney, Moe" between Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Ultimately Star Wars won. I think that's what he really wanted anyway. We even saw a huge Clone Trooper made from Legos at the checkout. It was pretty cool. Anyway, Aiden and I spent the evening putting together this Lego Set and it was actually pretty fun. I'm getting better at following those little booklets. All in all, a good date night. Aiden paid and I cooked dinner.

The Hailfire Droid. (These wheels are 40 pieces each.)

6 comments:

JethRobyn said...

That's awesome!! I would have chosen Star wars too, although if Indiana Jones had a rolling stone trap action set...I might go with that.

Angela said...

I am glad you had fun. Aiden loves his legos!

leslie jo said...

That is way fun! The is cute he paid for his legos, he is growin up too fast.

Bonnie said...

That is such a great Mommy Son Date! I love that he paid for them with his own money. How responsible:)

I am glad you had fun and man 40 pieces for one wheel, that is amazing!

Smith Family said...

Aiden has a good mommy!

Annaca said...

You've totally inspired me. That looks like a blast. I don't know if Sadie is game, but next time I go to Target I'm all over the Star Wars legos!! You're such a fun mom, I need to take a page out of your book :)