CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

I must repent.

This week was VERY difficult for me emotionally. I was so up and down and had ultimately settled into a place of bitterness. It's hard not to be when you feel so hurt by someone, but I knew that it wasn't healthy for me. By this morning I was overcome with it even as I headed out for church. I went to my cousin's homecoming and I was hit with a message that was just for me. She told of a family on her mission that was very righteous but had a lot of terrible things happen to them. She was confused and wondered where God was in all of this. Then while studying the scriptures she had to repent of those feelings because she found the answer in 2nd Corinthians, chapter 4.
We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in dispair;
Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed.
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us as far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Those scriptures just really hit me. I knew something would. As soon as I sat down in that meeting I felt like I was supposed to be there. I don't know why I'm surprised, this happens to me every week. I get a message that is just for me. During the week the weight of the world bares down on me, and usually by the weekend I am overcome. Thankfully that weight is lifted each Sunday just by attending my church meetings. I am uplifted and strengthened to be able to face the following week. A few weeks ago at the regional conference there was a phrase that really stuck out to me. It was, "Satan can't have a family and he wants yours." It was such a powerful statement. This phrase is on my mind constantly and gives me the drive to strengthen what's left of my family. In Aiden's own words, "There's still three of us." I feel the adversary is knocking at my door and I am not letting him in.

5 comments:

Yelyah's Corner said...

I love you Lyndi! Hang in there! Mary and I were wondering if you want to hang out this weekend! We are so worried about you, and we thought we would take you to maybe dinner and a movie or just some gab!

I am so proud of you for staying strong in the gospel...trust me after my divorce I struggled with it, but just remember that you are doing whats right, and you are so amazing!

leslie jo said...

That was very inspiring. I don't know how you can actually focus in sacrament, your Aiden must just sit there and color or something. I feel like sometimes I don't even know why I go to sacrament because I spend most the time, entertaining the kids or something.
BUT I agree no matter what is going on we just have to focus on the eternal prospective. You amaze me! You are an angel, rising above the rest. You can and will stay strong and bring others up with you. We love you! You are doing what you can, and handling things well I know this is extremely painful and toying with your emotion and I am sorry. I am always here for you.
Did you want to go with me this Sat to the General Womens Conf?

Bonnie said...

That is such a neat experience. I am so glad that those scriptures were able to touch and teach you. Thank you for sharing them. I just love how the scriptures can help uplift us and inspire us to be better people no matter our situation. Keep on keepin' on:)

JethRobyn said...

Thank you for sharing that beautiful scripture.

Angela said...

Lyndi, thanks for sharing this. I think we all need to remember these things sometimes. You are such a strong person, and you are doing the best you can. You are such a great example to me:)