CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Anyone else on the road last night?

I don't know if any of you were on the road last night, but I just wanted to share my experience with you. I left my house at 4:30pm getting on the freeway at 12th west in Lehi. It was a white out blizzard, I could barely see the car in from of me. The freeway was crawling. I reached the point of the mountain (which normally takes just a few minutes) at 6:55pm. Suddenly all of the cars were going in different directions and most weren't moving. Then I realized it was because they were just spinning their tires. There were two semis and tons of cars that just reached points where they couldn't make it up the mountain anymore. Luckily I was in my BIG car with 4 wheel drive and I drove around all of those cars to get over the mountain. I was so late to work that someone else had to do all of my shoots and they told me I didn't have to come anymore. So as soon as I got over the point I had to turn around and do it all over again. Needless to say I didn't get home until 9:30 last night and I never even made it to work. These were my attempts at capturing the craziness on camera. I don't know if you can even see what is going on.
The whiteout

This is just the traffic.

This is when it all started to get a little crazy. I don't know that the picture does it justice. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing and I had to try and capture it. While I was carefully driving in the snow of course. :)

5 comments:

pinksuedeshoe said...

Number 1- you are nuts to be taking pictures! Number 2- Very cool pictures. Number 3- I am so glad that we decided to go to Provo for the evening instead of Sandy. It was a little snowy, but nothing that a civic with the windows down couldn't handle. (No, we weren't in a civic with the windows down, but we could have been!) Number 4- So sorry you had such a nasty drive!

Lyndi said...

If it makes you feel any better we were barely moving while I was trying to take pictures. I was getting pretty bored since I had been in the car for about two hours so I took some pictures.

Bonnie said...

I can't believe how crazy that looks. I am glad you are okay. We recently had some traffic problems ourselves. It took us 3.5 hours to get home from Levi's school, which is about 7 miles. It was an ice storm, which means light rain freezing temps. Annoying!

pinksuedeshoe said...

Yes that makes me feel better. I probably would have done the same thing. :o) Glad you didn't have to sleep in your car or anything terrible like that.

Annaca said...

Lyndi, I'm so glad you are ok and that you got home safely to your family. That's one of the benefits of living in Southern Utah, we don't have to deal with too many blizzards!